“...how sad and bad and mad it was - but then, how it was sweet” (Robert Browning)

Anybody who knows me, knows I am definately not a nostalgic nor a particularly patriotic person (hence this post is being composed from my home in Italy). I believe in living in the moment and going where the breeze/life takes you.... However, here is my token tribute to the Diamond Jubilee weekend in the UK. For five years I worked for the Royal Family and 10 years ago this weekend I was working inside Buckingham Palace at the Golden Jubilee concerts, what a great weekend that was - so for the first time I do have a touch of nostaliga! Hope you all have a great weekend of celebrations over there!
My sketches are of the Bosco San Pietro oak trees in Sicily, and of course the oak is a symbol of strength and permanence. The flags I have made for the airport for greeting the British customers! Enjoy the weekend, wherever you are!

Comments

  1. Wow, that must've been a great! Love the trees too, the colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely! wonderful works i see in your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts