'After tea it's back to painting - a large poplar at dusk with a gathering storm.' Gustav Klimt

















































I absolutely love Gustav Klimt's works at the moment. He's a painter that you don't hear mentioned very often, but his iconic images like 'The Kiss' appear everywhere (as I work around hotels I notice that he's one of the most common artists used in paintings hanging in rooms and corridors). I prefer his lesser known works. The orchards and lakes and meadows. The painting of the shrine was inspired by his 'Baurmgarten Mit Krucifix' 1911. I'd love to be able to copy his style but as he worked in think layered oils or acrylics and I mainly work in watercolours I just can't create the effect. I shall just admire his work and hope to catch an exhibition one day. What an inspiring artist and man.

Comments

  1. Thank you for mentioning of the great painter. Now I'll go to refresh his works with Google photos.
    And I like the first sketch very much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts