Followers

Saturday, 7 April 2012

“Art is harmony. Harmony is the analogy of contrary and of similar elements of tone, of colour and of line, conditioned by the dominant key, and under the influence of a particular light, in gay, calm, or sad combinations.” Georges Seurat

 
When I was studying History of Art at university I did a dissertation on the various cliff paintings by Monet and Seurat. One of my favourites was Georges Seurat's 'Le Bec du Hoc, Grandcamp'. 
When I moved into my new apartment this week, what should be displayed above the bed? Yes, you guessed it! The very painting. I can understand why my landlady selected it, the image does look remarkably like the view from the apartment.

My friend Azra, http://azraiqbal.blogspot.com/,  often says that its good to practice painting by copying the works of famous artists. So here goes... this is my 'interpretation' of the pointalism of  Georges Seurat. I didn't quite have the right paint, paint brush and I certainly didn't have enough patience....

1 comment: