“Art is harmony. Harmony is the analogy of contrary and of similar elements of tone, of colour and of line, conditioned by the dominant key, and under the influence of a particular light, in gay, calm, or sad combinations.” Georges Seurat

 
When I was studying History of Art at university I did a dissertation on the various cliff paintings by Monet and Seurat. One of my favourites was Georges Seurat's 'Le Bec du Hoc, Grandcamp'. 
When I moved into my new apartment this week, what should be displayed above the bed? Yes, you guessed it! The very painting. I can understand why my landlady selected it, the image does look remarkably like the view from the apartment.

My friend Azra, http://azraiqbal.blogspot.com/,  often says that its good to practice painting by copying the works of famous artists. So here goes... this is my 'interpretation' of the pointalism of  Georges Seurat. I didn't quite have the right paint, paint brush and I certainly didn't have enough patience....

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts