I haven't stopped painting or drawing - I've just added another medium. David Hockney


I'm back! After a year back in the UK from overseas I've finally moved into my own place. Can't wait to set up my little studio corner and get back to painting. I have also entered the 21st century with regards to  technology and have invested in an electronic sketchbook. It's amazing! It's a much quicker, easier and less messy medium, you can do it when and where you like without transporting all the artists tools and you can share your work much easier. I was inspired by David Hockney. Above are my first couple of images to test out my new toy! They were done on the Samsung Galaxy Notepad 10.1.....

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your new place, Angela. I know you will feel so good coming home each day. The sketches are cool; the second one I wouldn't have known was on a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ange, I'm happy to hear you're settled and with space to paint! I would not have guessed these sketches were drawn on a Notepad, but they are every bit your style so I guess it doesn't really matter what medium you use, and like you say its far more practical. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely news about your new home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, are you aware of the artist Graham Clarke? Your work reminds me of his. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks, all, loving my house. Thank you steve, a real compliment, graham clarke is an amazing artist. So many lovely watercolourists around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new home just in time for Christmas! :)
    Wow, I haven't heard of electronic sketchbooks - these are wonderful and, as Azra says, your 'voice' can still be felt in your work. I particularly love the second drawing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts