“Lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at you.” -David Brinkley



Well, Venice is truly amazing.... just having the time to wander, just taking in everything, people watching, listening to the sounds, seeing the wonderful details that you miss when you're on a whistle-stop tour; with a map and a check list. I spent last night just getting lost amongst the streets and canals with my camera. Today I'm heading out with my sketch book.

 Life is full of changes and surprises. Venice stands timeless and strong against the invasion of tourists, the environment, society..... and so I chose my quote... and for one other reason. I have received some fairly shocking news whilst I've been here. After I have enjoyed my week in Venice I will be going back to Sicily for just one week to pack up my life and job there and then I'm relocating to Cape Verde! It will be sad to say goodbye to Italy, however, I understand that in my job things change and you must be ready to adapt, and quickly. It's just another opportunity to see another amazing place and experience yet another different way of life. Another chapter. However, there will be some tearful farewells to make first....


“Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.” -Marilyn Monroe

 

Comments

Popular Posts